I am sure almost everyone of us have seen this at least once in the lifetime
One of our old days techies had this requirement of changing the From display name that is used by agents sending notifications about your mailbox size when it reaches the quota. Although you cannot edit the sender email address in this case you can indeed change the Display Name of this notification sender.
CAUTION: Steps involved in this post include using ADSIEDIT, wrong modifications to attributes can cause service stoppage. You should also check Microsoft’s supportability for this change.
Changing this includes changing the display name of the object in your transport configuration.
- Open ADSIEDIT
- Navigate to CN=Transport Settings,CN=<Org Name>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=int
- In the right hand side pane locate the object named CN=MicrosoftExchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e
- Right click on the object and select properties.
- In properties dialog box of MicrosoftExchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e locate the attribute displayName
- Select displayName, click Edit button and enter the Display Name of your wish in the Edit Dialog box.
That is all you need to do. Users will see the name that you entered in the dialog box after you modify this and the AD replication completes.